Loud n Proud has evolved over the years from a local community project to become The Rock and Pop School of Scotland. It is a place to prepare students for careers in music through the study and practice of contemporary music.
It is a place for talented hard working young musicians and performers to thrive. They work with more bands than any other similar organisation and have an incredible mix of young people, which extends from those who attend private schools to several who are in residential care. Some are without doubt the best young talent in the country and are destined for a future in music and there are those who are simply happy being part of something they enjoy.
We do three things:
- Teach you how to play
- Put you in a band
- Get you on a stage
The journey to playing live covers a ‘hands on’ approach to Sound Engineering, Light Engineering, Recording Music, Video and Photography
Our main instruments are Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboards and Vocals.
- To provide a broad range of routes suiting the individual to performance level that will prepare them for careers in music that reflect the diversity of expression and opportunities that define music today whether it be exam and grade based or not.
- To give young people the necessary skills to perform and to enable them to make informed decisions on a career in music whether it is through further education or directly into the music industry.
- To encourage our students to appreciate the history of music and how it enriches society and intercultural understanding.
- To provide an environment in which all know that they are full and valued members of the community.
- To value ethical behaviour in all aspects of personal and professional life by establishing a community that values integrity in all relationships.
- To retain our position in music education for young people and to ensure that our curriculum remains relevant in the modern changing music industry.